Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Film negatives to jpegs without film scanner

Film negatives to jpegs without film scanner Video Clips. Duration : 2.50 Mins.


I have a scanner, but it's not capable of scanning film, so I searched around the internet looking for solutions. I came upon one site that mentioned getting jpgs from film negatives by using any digital camera. Intrigued and extremely skeptical, I decided to give it a shot. The results are shown in this video. For images that are difficult to color, I just use the "black & white" option and lower the blue tones. I also find messing with the color balance to help. More of these images can be found on my Flickr: www.flickr.com User comment: Hello ~ I noticed that when you clicked the auto levels function the blue tint completely disappeared! However, when I tried it on photoshop the blue tint pretty much remained present... Then I realised my problem! ~ You cut your picture out, whereas I inverted my image that contained the film sprockets. The film sprockets turned black with the invertion which in turn prevented auto levels from removing the blue tint since it treated black as a major color balance source!

Tags: negative, film, negatives, camera, photo, photography, jpgs, jpg, jpeg, jpegs, computer, digital, DSLR, 50mm, scan, scanner, without, no, how, to, how-to, photoshop, process, processing

No comments:

Post a Comment